Still celebrating

Thursday, November 13, 2008


The year 2008 has been a big year for many of my friends and myself. When I use the term "big," I'm not meaning physically large. No, be ye not misunderstanding. What I'm trying to communicate with the word "big" is a feeling of sadness, anger, confusion, disillusionment, regret, and an altogether sense of depression. Why so downcast, you ask? Unfortunately, I was born in the year 1978. You might be saying to yourself, "Hmm, what's so unfortunate about 1978?" Well, I'll tell ya. 1978 was exactly 30 years ago. Which means I'm now 30 myself. Last year I was a babe in my 20s, now not so much. Fortunately, I age at the same rate as everyone else and my friends and hubby are experiencing this right along with me. We'll get through it together. Maybe.
Just joshin'!. I really don't care that I'm 30. I'm actually kinda glad because I've celebrated this birthday for 6 months now, and it looks like I'm gonna keep on celebrating 30 till I turn 40!
So far, I've had a trip to Vegas, a weekend with Ryan, dinner out, a party with family, a day with Ryan (for his big 3-0 day), and an evening with Siena and Rachel for Siena's big day, and a party with Rachel for her's. Next is a day at the spa with these same gals.
When I turned 29 I think I maybe got dinner and some gifts. Is it just me or is 30 like the best age ever?

0 comments: