New Life

Wednesday, July 23, 2008


I had noticed that each time I went to water a hanging basket of petunias, a bird would usually fly out of it. I hadn't thought much of it until about a week ago when I took the basket down so Luke could water it. Nestled down among the flowers was a sweet little nest containing five tiny blue eggs. We were all so excited. We quickly placed it back on its hook and went inside to watch the mother fly back to her eggs. A couple days later, we took it down again and there was a tiny naked bird. It was the cutest little thing I've ever seen. Luke, our little tough guy even responded with "Aawh, it's so sweet!" He was so anxious to put it back so it's mommy could come back and keep it warm. This morning we found two more had hatched. Then this evening there were four. (We're hoping the fifth egg is hiding under a sibling.) How exciting to witness sweet new life.

0 comments: