VEGAS

Monday, May 12, 2008


For the past ten years, a group of girlfriends and I have been going on trips together each year. When we were in college, we always went camping for two reasons. 1. We like camping. 2. We had no money. So, when we graduated and stared making some bucks, we began alternating camping with more elaborate trips. We've been on a cruise to the Bahamas and on a beach trip to St. Augustine. But this year was the biggest yet. We've all either just turned 30 or will be turning 30 soon (please note that I am still 29 :) , so we decided this year we'd do something big. Our destination? Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada!! What a blast we had! We stayed at the Venetian which was gorgeous and wonderful in every way. We had dinner at the Eiffel Tower which was probably the nicest meal I've ever had. We walked the strip, watched many Bellagio fountain shows, played the slot machines, ate some really good food, attended a Cirque du Soleil performance (my favorite part of the trip), laughed, talked, relaxed, and had an amazing trip.

And, oh, to the kind people of Las Vegas, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for thinking you an immoral group of crazies. I actually left my wallet in a cab one evening. Yes, in Las Vegas of all places, my wallet fell out of my purse unbeknownst to me. I was prepared to never see my wallet or its contents ever again. But the next day, the kind people at the lost and found office for Checker Cab Service returned my wallet which contained every dime I had in it, credit cards, etc.

Thank you, Joy, for all the hard work you put into planning the trip. Thank you, Ryan, for being a great single dad while I was gone. And thank you girls for your friendship. I loved all our long chats. What a refreshing, fun time.

0 comments: