Spring Break

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Swimming, play dates, parks, oh my! This year, we stayed home for spring break which proved to be lovely. The first couple days were quiet at home due to a little belly sickness of Anna and Luke. But once everyone was well, we had a lovely time.
On Tuesday, we went shopping for a pretty little dogwood tree and some azaleas. I dug a total of 18 holes in the ground that day (could've made a golf course) and could barely move that night.

The kids had fun helping me dig but were mostly interested in the worms!!!


On Wednesday, Luke went to a friend's house while Anna had a friend over to our house. That afternoon, we met Ryan at Willow Springs park for some lunch. Anna played with a friend from church,
and Luke made a new pal. (But he's not in any pictures.)

Caroline loved the fact that she was big enough do everything herself.

On Thursday, Anna and Luke both had friends over to play. Anna and her friend played with their American Girl dolls and had a birthday party for her friend's doll.


Luke and his bud loved the trampoline and yummy ice cream cones.

That evening, we went to the library. Luke went to a story/craft time.
Anna read to a dog. Yeah, they actually have a program where children can read to a therapy dog. Sounds kinda crazy unless you're seven. Then it sounds really cool.

On Friday, we went to Rita's for free Italian ice day. Yummy!!

Then we headed to Freedom Hall pool for a refreshing dip.
We love goggles.

And kickboards (Luke calls it his speedo. I haven't had the heart to tell him what most people are referring to when they talk about their speedos.)

We also love peeing in the pool. I know, because I was holding her when the water temp rose about 15 degrees.

On Saturday, Ryan was on a trip with the youth group, so the kids and I took one final trip to Bay's Mt.

We had a picnic.

And we listened to a funny guy tell us about this cool owl.

Did I mention that the owl was cool?

It was a week of activity bliss.
And now we return to our regularly scheduled lives, already in progress.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I am so glad you have a blog. I miss you all so much and I am so happy that I can get on here and read about the things that you do. I hope you are all doing well. How is pointe going?

~Katie

Beth said...

Hey Katie,
Thanks for reading the blog. It's really nice to receive comments, especially from people we don't get to see much. That's really why we set it up - for friends and family we miss. And that includes you!
Pointe is going well. My feet are doing fine, although I think it'll be a long hard road to having good balance and actually feeling graceful while wearing them. I do like wearing them in class, and I love how pretty they are.
Thanks for asking. Take care!

Michele said...

Hi There! I stumbled upon your blog a while back. Is Tempa your mother-in-law? She was my piano teacher FOREVER! Love her! Great to find your blog!

Michele said...

Hi There! I stumbled upon your blog a while back. Is Tempa your mother-in-law? She was my piano teacher FOREVER! Love her! Great to find your blog!

Beth said...

Yes, she is! I'd be happy to give her a message for you.